When you lose a tooth, several issues may follow. These problemscan have a long-lasting impact on your oral and overall health. Lost teeth can lead to jaw deterioration and may even spread the damage to the neighbouring teeth. Hence it is very important to be aware of the various options available for replacing missing or broken teeth.
If you want to keep up to date with your oral hygiene and want to tackle the problems of a missing or broken tooth, you must rely on dental implants Ireland. It is true that bridges and dentures have been conventionally used to provide aid in these situations. But implants have had a much higher success rate when replacing a missing tooth.
How does a dental implant work?
A dental implant is the best means for replacing your tooth root. It is made of titanium and fitted into your jawbone with utmost precision. Once you visit a dentist for dental implants, your problem will be clinically evaluated. The dentist will then draw a treatment plan for you.
The initial consultation in itself will provide you with all the required information concerning all your doubts like cost and time. Once you are satisfied with the description provided by the dentists, only then does the surgery get booked. Under local anaesthesia, the implant is carefully placed where it glues together with your bone over time.Once this is complete, you can now add a dental bridge or crown.
Since the implant is secure and has formed a root, a prosthetic tooth can now be securely attached with a titanium screw, making your teeth look and function just like before.
Importance of dental implants
Dental implants are a safe and long-lasting solution when replacing a tooth. There are various advantages, which include:
- Dental implants are extremely stable. Since the implant fuses with your bone, through a process called osseointegration, it is anchored to your mouth securely.
- Since dental implants form a direct connection with your bone, it doesn’t rely on the neighbouring teeth.
- After the implant has been placed, you can get whatever you want to be fitted over them, whether it is a crown or a denture. This allows you to restore your normal bite pattern.
- Since these dentures or crowns, medically known as prosthodontics, are secured to the implants with the help of titanium screws, they are extremely secure and tightly held. You do not have to worry about them slipping and slurring when you perform normal day-to-day activities like eating or drinking.
- While dentures, both full and partial have been associated with some degree of bone loss, no such report has been found on dental implants.
- Dental implants do not harm or cause any disturbance to the surrounding teeth. Since the attachment is made directly to the bone, there is no need to touch the natural teeth around for any reason.
Avail of dental implants in Ireland or elsewhere and give yourself the freedom and feel of your natural teeth. It is the best way out when looking for teeth replacement options.